Chutneys are an essential part of every Indian household that goes along with every dish. Tomato Chutney is one such spicy and tangy chutney. It pairs extremely well idli, dosa, pokoras or vada varieties.
Quick Fruit Punch Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Boss Pearl Mixer Grinder
Ingredients for Tomato Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 small cup of oil
- 1 Tbsp chana dal
- 1 Tbsp urad dal
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 Kashmiri chilli broken into pieces
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in non-stick pan. Add chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté for a minute until dal turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water mix well and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add green chillies, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool the mixture and grind in Boss Pearl Mixer Grinder and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp in another non-stick and add the mustard seeds.
- As seed crackles, add red chillies and sauté on medium flame for around 30 seconds.
- Pour this tempering on chutney and mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in air-tight container