This soup is dominated by the crunch of vegetables and the lingering aroma of ginger sautéd in butter. Relish it slowly, enjoying the variety of veggies that clamber for your attention in every spoonful of this flavourful soup.
Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 1/4 cups boiled Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/4 cup boiled & crushed Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 cup finely chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (cabbage and french beans)
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and mix well till the cornflour dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the sweet corn, crushed sweet corn and mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add 4 cups of water, cornflour-water mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.