This cheesecake recipe is full of flavour and a perfect way to highlight the lusciousness of strawberries.
Preparation time: 4-5 hrs
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 hrs
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 4 Biscuits (Digestive Marie)
- ½ cup packed Fresh Strawberries
- 2 to 3 tsp Melted butter
- ½ cup Hung curd
- ½ cup Fresh cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar (adjust according to the sweet / sour taste of strawberry)
- ½ tbsp China Grass (Agar agar)
- 2 tbsp Water
- Hang curd in a cloth for an hour to drain water completely to get ½ cup of hung curd. Set aside. Then crush biscuits roughly and powder to a semi fine mixture with the help of BOSS Pearl Mixer Grinder.
- Then add melted butter to the powdered biscuits and mix well such that the mixture becomes moist. With the help of a spoon, fill it up as a base layer in each glass and press firmly with the back of a spoon or fingertips. Leave this in the refrigerator while the other layers are getting ready.
- Chop strawberries roughly and puree it with sugar with the help of BOSS Hand Blender. Heat the puree in a pan until a single boil, Set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix hung curd and cream well.
- Add strawberry puree (reserve ¼ cup for the top layer) and mix well. At this point check for sugar and adjust according to your preference. If adding sugar, beat well until sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside. In a pan add water allow it to boil, keep a small heat resistant cup containing china grass (agar agar) with water. Allow it to boil until you see a clear liquid when the china grass is dissolved completely.
- Now add the china grass water mixture to the hung curd cream mixture, give a quick stir. Fill it up immediately in cups as a second layer reserving little space at the top. Chill it for 4-5 hrs or even overnight for best results. Then add the remaining strawberry puree as a third layer, garnish with chopped strawberries and serve chilled.