Veg fried rice is one dish that needs no introduction, and indeed children’s one of the favorite dishes. Now you can make it at home in a jiffy!
Spicy Vegetable Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sliced coloured capsicum (green , yellow and red)
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced baby corn
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tsp spice powder
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- To make spice powder you need fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, star anise (dagad phool), schezwan peppers in the ratio 1 : ½ : 1 : 2 : 2 respectively. Keep this aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add all the above vegetables and cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add in rice, spice powder, soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot.