Besan chillas are spicy savory pancakes served with ketchup and coriander chutney. These are also known as vegetarian omelettes. There are many varieties of Chillas but this one is loved by all!
Spicy Besan Chillas
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 25min
- 1 Cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Chili-Ginger Paste
- ¼ Cup chopped Coriander
- ¼ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- A pinch of Garam Masala
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 to 2 Cups Water
- Salt as required
- Oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients together, except oil.
- Make batter with medium consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour some oil and spread 1 large spoon of batter evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Now add some oil drops on the edges and on top of the chilla. Once the base is cooked, tilt the chilla and cook the other side too.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.