A very simple to make vegetarian Shami Kabab recipe which is also known as the Chane Ke Kabab. These mouthwatering kebabs are loaded with proteins from the chickpeas.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time : 3 to 4 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Serves: 10 to 12
Ingredients: (200ml = 1 Cup)
- Chickpea / Chana – 2 cups cooked
- Mint leaves a small handful
- Coriander leaves a small handful
- Onion – ¼ cup chopped
- Ginger Paste – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder- 1 tsp.
- Cumin Powder – 2 tsp.
- Breadcrumbs or Gram flour – ¾ cup to 1 cup
- Oil for Pan Frying
- Take chana and all the ingredients except breadcrumbs and oil, mix it in Boss A1 Food Processor. Make it into a coarse paste.
- Now spoon this in a bowl, add in breadcrumbs or gram flour and mix well. Take a small portion and shape it into a tikki.
- Heat little oil in a pan, place the tikki in and cook for 2 to 3 mins on each side till golden.
- Drain and serve hot with chutney.