Modaks are Bappa’s, favourite sweets. Worry not! We are here with an exciting modak recipe that you can prepare easily at home and make Bappa happy.
Red Velvet Modak Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
For Red Velvet Modak Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon edible red colour
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 3 Tbps cream cheese
- 2 Tbps icing sugar
- 2 Tbps milk
- In a bowl, take sugar and vegetable oil and blend it with Boss Rapid hand blender.
- Now sieve together flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Take 1 cup of buttermilk, add food color and mix well.
- Add the colored buttermilk to sugar and oil mixture and blend well with Boss Rapid hand bender.
- Now add flour mixture with red blended mixture and mix well.
- Pre heat Boss Desire OTG at 180-degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Keep the cake aside to cool down. Crumble the cake to make soft dough again. Now take lime size portion of the dough and make a patty with cavity with the help of your palm and fingers. Scoop a teaspoon of prepared cream cheese filling to the cavity.
- Take Modakmouldand the place the ball to make the shape nicely.
- Beautiful red velvet Modaks are now ready to offer.