Entice the taste buds of your family & friends with a unique Punjabi traditional sweet “Panjiri” made with whole wheat flour. Try making this special dish on occasion of Diwali and surprise your folks.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
BOSS Excel Mixer grinder
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup raw sugar or unrefined cane sugar
- 15 to 18 cashew or almonds or a mix of both
- 15 to 18 raisins
- 4 tbsp. desi ghee
- Powder ½ cup sugar in a BOSS Excel dry grinder and keep aside.
- Take one cup whole wheat flour in a kadai or a thick bottom pan.
- Keep the pan on a low flame and begin to roast the whole wheat flour.
- You have to stir often while roasting the flour so that it roasts evenly.
- Roast until the color changes and you get nutty aroma from the whole wheat flour. About 9 to 12 minutes on low flame.
- Then add 4 tbsp. ghee in the flour.
- Mix it well.
- Add cashews, if adding almonds, then roast them separately in a pan and then add it.
- Keep on stirring & roasting the panjiri mixture for 5 to 6 minutes more. Do check the taste of the whole wheat flour and it should feel cooked. There should be no rawness in the taste.
- Switch off the flame. Keep the pan down and add the powdered sugar.
- Mix very well. Then add raisins and mix it again.
- Allow the panjiri to cool and then store in an airtight container and serve panjiri.