Moong Dal Paratha is simple and quick recipe, perfect for the occasion of Paryushan. The unique combination of Paneer and moong dal makes it delicious and mouth watering.
Paneer Moong Dal Paratha
- Paneer 100gm
- 1 cup Yellow moong dal
- 1 cup Wheat dough
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 ½ tsp Red chili Powder
- ¾ tspTurmeric Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cooker Yellow Moong Dal for 4 whistles. Put less water than required in dal while boiling.
- Once the dal is boiled let it cool for a while.
- Now, in a wok add 2 tbsp of ghee. Once the ghee is heated, add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and boiled moong dal.
- Mix well and add Salt and chaat masala and mix well and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Now crumble the paneer and add to the moong dal mixture. Now mix it thoroughly and off the flame and let it cool completely. Your stuffing is ready!
- Roll out big rotis from the wheat dough. Place a tbsp of stuffing in the center of the roti. Cover the stuffing with the edges of the roti properly. Roll the roti again but with less pressure.
- Repeat the procedure with all the parathas.
- Now, heat a non-stick tawa and add a tsp of ghee and place the rolled paratha on it.
- Cook the paratha equally on medium flame on both the sides till it turns golden brown.
- Paneer Moong Dal Parathas are ready! Serve hot with curds.