A scrumptious Palak Paneer Recipe so easy to make and loaded with nutrition. You can pair it with tandoori roti for a perfect evening meal.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 300 grams Fresh Spinach leaves
- 250 grams Cubed Paneer
- 2 -4 teaspoon Oil to cook paneer
For The Gravy
- 1/3 cup Boiled Cabbage Paste
- ½ – ¾ cup Homemade tomato puree
- 3 tbsp Coconut paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- ½ tbsp Cashew Paste(optional)
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Cream (optional)
Final Tempering (optional)
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3-4 pieces of Dried whole red chilies
- Wash and clean Spinach
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add spinach. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotting spoon remove spinach and Drop into a large bowl of ice water. (This will stop the cooking process).
- Once cooled, drain and coarsely ground spinach in BOSS Cyclone Mixer Grinder
- Cut paneer in cubes and cook over griddle until light brown in color and crispy.
Preparing the gravy
- Assemble ingredients for the gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cabbage paste, tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Mix in spices and cook for another minute.
- Add coconut paste and cashew paste and cook for 1 minute until oil starts to separate.
- Pour in coarsely grounded palak, mix it will and bring it to boil.
- Adjust seasonings and add cubed paneer.
- For the smoky flavor follow the steps below. On a medium low flame heat charcoal.
- In 10 minutes it will be red hot. Using a tong, carefully lift the hot charcoal And drop it in a stainless steel bowl or katori.
- Drizzle some ghee on top, it will start to sizzle.
- Place lid on top and let palak paneer soak in all the flavors. Leave it for 2-4 minutes, carefully remove katori from palak paneer and set it aside. When charcoal is completely cooled, discard it.
- Smoky palak paneer is ready. Just before serving, I like to add my second tadka.