This healthy and tasty dessert made with oats and nuts is served on festivals and special occasions. Try this easy dessert recipe that will be loved by people of all age groups.
Oats and Nuts Laddu
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 min
Servings: 8 pieces
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- ¼ Cup mixed nuts such as walnuts(akhrot), almonds(badam),etc
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp chopped jaggery (gur)
- ½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the oats and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the same broad non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast them on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the ghee and jaggery in the same broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the jaggery mixture into a flat thali and allow it to cool slightly.
- Roughly blend all the nuts in BOSS Eon Mixer’s Dry Jar
- Add the roasted oats, roasted sesame seeds, Roughly Blended nuts and cardamom powder to the jaggery mixture and mix very well.
- Add the milk and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a round ball.
- Serve immediately.