Oatmeal Uttapam is a very healthy option for tiffin and also an innovative dish. And a little bit of food art makes it more tempting! Try this recipe at home and you’ll definitely see a smile on your kid’s face!
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup Rawa/Suji
- Hot curd
- 1/4th teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch Soda
- Finely chopped green capsicum
- Finely chopped cabbage
- Finely chopped tomatoes
- Grind the oats, rawa and hing together and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add the curd, Jeera, red chilli powder, soda and water to make a thick batter.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Add the chopped veggies and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan. Spread a few drops of oil on the pan. Spread a ladleful of batter on the pan and a few drops of oil around it.
- Let it cook until golden and crisp, then flip and let it cook from the other side as well.
- Wrap it in foil and put the yummy uttapams in your kid’s tiffin along with tomato ketchup and coconut chutney.