Navratan korma is popular Indian Vegetable curry cooked in rich cashew gravy with hint of spices. Enjoy this creamy gravy with any Indian bread or rice dish.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 min
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ¼ Cup Cottage Cheese, cubed
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower), diced and boiled
- 2 Tbsps Raisins
- 2 Tbsps Cashew Nut, broken in half
- 2 Tbsps Cashew Nut (for gravy)
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Corn Flour
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsps Oil / Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), finely chopped(for garnish)
- In small bowl soak cashew nut and poppy seeds in ¼ cup warm water for 30 minutes.
- In BOSS A1 food Processor blend together cashew nuts, poppy seeds, ginger, green chili, clove and cinnamon, into smooth paste.
- In bowl mix together milk and corn flour, drain and keep aside.
- Heat non stick pan on medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add cumin seeds, wait until seeds crackle.
- Add cashew and poppy seeds paste cook until oil separates, stirring occasionally.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt, mix well.
- Add boiled vegetables, Cottage Cheese, broken cashew and raisin, mix well.
- Add milk and corn flour mixture, mix well and cook for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with roti, chappati, paratha or rice.