Recipe for making Chana Dal Vada is quite simple. The ingredients used are very few, easily available. The crispy vada with crunch from a few whole lentils makes this vada a special treat during a rainy day with a hot cup of tea.
Moong Dal Vada Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Moong Dal Vada Recipe
- ½ cup green moong dal (whole)
- ¼ cup chana dal (Bengal gram dal)
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tbspasafoetida (hing)
- Cooking oil
- Soak the moong dal and chana dal in the warm water bowl for 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and grind it well with Boss RufTup commercial mixer using a little amount of water to make thick vada batter.
- Transfer the batter in a bowl. Add finely chopped chillies, ginger paste, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, make small balls of the batter and drop in hot oil carefully.
- Deep fry the vadas till it turns golden brown and crispy on medium heat.
- Drain the excess oil using absorbent paper and serve hot with Coconut Chutney and Green Chutney.