Have you had enough of aloo filled samosas? Then try making this Spicy Moonge Dal Samosa recipe and enjoy it with a cup of chai during this monsoon.
Moong Dal Samosa
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
For Samosa Pastry:
- 2 Cups Refined flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- To knead Cold water
- 3 Cups Green gram (moong daal, husked), soaked
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Fennel seeds, powdered
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- To taste Salt
- 1½ tsp Mango powder
For prepare the filling:
- Grind the lentils coarsely in BOSS Prince Mixer Grinder. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When they begin to splutter, add the lentils and the rest of the ingredients, which make up the filling.
- Sauté over low heat till the mixture is well fried. It will stop sticking to the pan when done.
- Take mixture off heat and leave to cool.
- Add the salt to the flour, and rub the oil into it.
- Add water and knead into a stiff dough (It is important for the dough to be stiff). Leave to rest for 15 minutes or so.
- Shape dough into smooth balls, and roll the balls into thin rounds. Cut these into halves.
- Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center and join by one half overlapping the other to form into a cone.
- Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone and press the edges together to seal. The oil should be hot when you add the samosas to it, then lower the heat and let cook till brown.