Moong Dal Mini Samosas are perfect little bites for the festive season. The addition of a few spices, add to the flavors of this quick samosa and makes your guests lick their fingers!
Moong Dal Mini Samosa
For Samosa Dough
- 1 ¼ Cup Maida
- ¼ Cup Ghee
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Ajwain
- ½ Cup Lukewarm Water
For Moong Dal Filling:
- ½ Cup Moong Dal Namkeen
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Mango Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel
- 2 tsp Pomegranate Seed
- 2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Corn Flour/ Maida
To Make Samosa Dough
- Mix flour, oil and water and knead in BOSS Food Processor with a dough attachment to make smooth and firm dough. Cover it with a moist muslin cloth and keep aside for half an hour to rest.
To Prepare the Filling
- Crush the moong dal namkeen in Galaxy Mixer Grinder until it forms a coarse powder.
- Next, dry roast all the masalas that will be used for the filling in a pan on medium. Mix them with the crushed namkeen, adjust the salt and seasoning as per taste and keep aside.
To Fill the Samosas
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok on medium heat for deep frying.
- Shape the dough into many small sized balls. Roll each dough ball into small circular shapes.
- Cut each circular shape into 2 equal parts with a knife in the shape of a half moon.
- Take one of those half circular dough piece, and stick the corners with the help of water and the corn flour mix, forming a cone shape. Fill this cone with 1 teaspoon of the moong dal filling.
- After filling the cone with the mixture, apply the corn flour mix again to the exposed edges and seal both the corners together by gently pressing them with the fingers.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Fry them on medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Place the fried Samosas on an oil absorbent paper and serve hot with chutney!