The sweet and soft taste of Mohanthal with almonds and pistachio on the top quickly grabs the attention to make it quickly and fulfill the empty box of your kitchen.
Preparation Time: 11-15 minutes
Cooking time: 11-15 minutes
- 2 Cups Gram Flour
- 4 Tsp Milk
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- Pinch Of Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Almonds Chopped
- 10 Pistachios Chopped
- Firstly, heat 2 tsp milk in a non stick pan and add 1½ tsp ghee and heat till it gets melt. After in a bowl place the gram flour and add the milk-ghee mixture and mix it well with your fingertips.
- Pass it through thick sieve, pressing lightly to remove lumps. Cook together ½ cup water and 1½ cup of sugar to make syrup.
- Heat ¾ cup ghee in a non stick pan; add the sieved gram flour and sauté on medium flame, stirring continuously, till the mixture is dark in color.
- Cook the syrup till it gets 1½ string consistent. Grease an aluminium tray. Add nutmeg powder and cardamom powder to the gram flour and mix it well. Set it aside to cool completely.
- Add 2 tbsps milk to the sugar syrup and mix it well. Add the syrup, little by little, to the gram flour mixture and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture in greased tray and spread evenly. Sprinkle almonds and pistachios over the gram flour mixture and press lightly. Set it aside to cool to the room temperature. Cut into squares, separate the pieces and serve.