‘Khakrah’ a full of flavours Gujarati snack that is thin & crisp. The secrete of having the best khakhra is rolling it perfectly thin and you can get that with the help of BOSS Crisp Roti Maker.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup (For Dough) + ½ cup (for Dusting) whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tbsp kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Mix 1 cup whole wheat flower, kasoori methi, 1 tsp oil and salt in a bowl.
- Add water as required and knead smooth and soft dough like chapatti/phulka roti dough. Cover it with plain muslin cloth a let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- Grease its surface with 1 tsp oil, divide into 6 equal parts and give them a shape of ball.
- Take one ball dust it little with wheat flour and place it in BOSS Crisp Roti Maker and press it 2 times and then flip the khakhra and press it again for 20 – 30 sec. flip it over and press it again for another 20 – 30 sec
- Repeat this 3-4 times till your khakhra becomes crisp
- Let it cool down for 10 – 15 mins at room temperature and store it in an air tight container
- Serve them with tea as an afternoon snack or enjoy it for breakfast with curd.