Methi Gota is a Gujarati deep fried snack served during tea time. These are fritters made with besan/gram flour and fenugreek leaves.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 250 grams urad dal flour 100 grams whet wheat four
- 4 tbsp. Coriander seeds 4 tbsp. Oil
- ½ tbsp. Leon juice 150 grams fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp. Pepper powder 1 tbsp. Soda
- 2 tbsp. Sugar, salt
- ½ tsp. Turmeric powder 2-tsp. Red chili powder
- ½ cup milk 3 tbsp. – green chili paste
- ½ cup cilantro leaves oil for frying
- Shift urad dal flour and wheat flour.
- In a pot take both the flours, add salt turmeric powder, soda, red chili powder and 4 tbsp. Oil and knead the flour with milk.
- Wash and chop fenugreek leaves and cilantro leaves. Mix them with lemon juice, coriander seeds, pepper powder, sugar and green chili paste. Mix with the dough and add a little water and knead the dough to form a batter. Leave for ï¿½ hour.
- In a frying pan take oil and heat. Add a little warm oil in the dough and mix. When the fumes come out of the oil make balls and fry in oil.
- Serve with plain yogurt chutney.