Modak is loved by everyone in Gujarat but is a very special recipe for paryushan too! The charismatic flavor of Jaggery and nutmeg powder with the richness of Ghee makes you irresistible to have them. These modaks can be stored for 15 – 20 days but it tastes best when served hot.
- 4 cups Wheat Aata
- Approx 2-3 glasses Luke warm water
- 2 cups Jaggery finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Nutmeg Powder
- In a deep bowl, add Wheat Aata, ½ cup Ghee and luke warm water and make a dough. Keep it little dry unlike the roti dough.
- Make big balls out of that dough and pressure cooker it with 4-5 whistles.
- Once cooled, break the balls, grind them in BOSS CYCLONE and strain the mixture in the rice strainer properly. Make sure there are no lumps left.
- Once the mixture is ready, roast it in a big Kadhai so that it is easy to stir. Roast the mixture on a medium flame till it turns a little darker in color.
- To check whether it’s ready, taste it and if it is crunchy, your mixture is ready.
- Now transfer it in a bowl, keep this aside and let it cool properly.
- Now in the same big Kadhai, heat the chopped Jaggery on a medium flame. Add ¾ cup of Ghee to it and stir continuously. You can add more ghee if required. Once the jaggery melts properly, add nutmeg powder and off the flame.
- Stir the jaggery mixture for 2 minutes and then add the wheat mixture prepared earlier.
- Mix the whole thing properly. Now roll the mixture into medium sized ladoos.
- Your Modaks are ready! Serve hot with Dal rice.