This Guru Purnima, make this simple yet delicious sweet! It requires very few ingredients and can be made in a short span of time. It’s an ideal sweet to even offer as Prasad and even for your favorite teacher!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Semiya/Vermicelli
- ½ to ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ tspCardamom Powder
- Few strands of Saffron
- 1 ½ cups of Water
- 1 ½ tbsp Ghee
- Nuts and Raisins of your choice
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Heat a separate heavy bottom pot or pan with ghee and add nuts and fry them till golden. Keep them side in a plate.
- Add Semiya to the pan and roast lightly on a medium flame. Do not let them brown.
- Pour hot water to the ghee pan and increase the flame till the water begins to boil rapidly.
- Add Saffron and Cardamom powder. Reduce the flame to medium and cook till the Semiya is fully cooked. Sprinkle some water if the Semiya is undercooked.
- Add Sugar and stir gently. Sugar will melt and release moisture. Cook till all the moisture evaporates and comes to a semi dry consistency.
- Garnish with Nuts and Raisins, and a few Saffron strands.