Kaju Katli! The word itself makes us irresistible. This traditional Indian sweet made with cashew nuts and is perfect for festivals, specially Diwali!
- 2 Cups Cashew Nuts
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ghee
- 1 Cup Water
- Silver Varak (Optional)
- Take a large heavy bottomed pan and pour in the sugar & water. Mix well and boil for about 10 minutes, until the sugar syrup thickens up to a two string consistency.
- Besides, grind the Cashew Nuts in BOSS Cyclone along with Corn Flour to a fine powder.
- Once the sugar syrup has arrived at a two string consistency add the grinded mixture to it.
- Continue stirring the mixture till no lumps remain. Add a teaspoon of ghee and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, until the mixture contents thickens up and begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Once the mixture reaches the dough like consistency, turn off the gas and spread it evenly in a tray keeping about ½ inch thickness. Spread the Silver Varak at this stage and allow it to set.
- Once cooled, cut the Kaju Katli into desired shapes.
- The delicious Kaju Katli is ready to eat. It can also be refrigerated for future use.