Easily make Homemade Butter with just a few simple ingredients to make your own delicious butter for baking recipes or just to eat on its own.
Homemade Butter Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Servings: 2 Sticks (300g)
Ingredients: (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 3 cups heavy cream (high fat content)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons Ice water
- Pour the cold cream into a large Bowl.
- Using BOSS Blender Whip the cream until it separates. After around 2 ½ minutes you will see it start to over whip and really thicken. Keep Whipping. After around 4 minutes it should be fully separated. You can see yellow buttery solids and cloudy liquid at this point.
- Once it separates pour in your ice cold water. This helps the butter fully separate from the liquid (buttermilk) and you will see even more buttermilk appear.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and pour in the contents of the bowl.
- The liquid that remains is buttermilk. Save it in the fridge and use it in your baking or to marinade.
- Squeeze the butter solids in your hands to make sure there is NO more buttermilk in there. You want to remove it all otherwise your butter will be wet. Also you can squeeze it in a clean Muslin Cloth or cheesecloth.
- At this moment stir in some salt or flavors to your soft butter and Store it in the fridge for 6 weeks and use in your baking, savory dishes or even on toast.