Who doesn’t like hot and crispy finger food during the monsoon season…try this crispy cheese spring roll with a healthy spinach twist this monsoon. Crunchy samosa Patti rolls, filled with a cheese and spicy spinach mixture. Serve them immediately to enjoy the taste of the melted mozzarella cheese.
Crispy Spinach & Cheese Spring Rolls
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servers: 24 Pieces
Ingredients: (200ml = 1 Cup)
- 1½ pcs samosa patties
- 1/3 tbsp. plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3 tbsps. Water
- oil for deep-frying
- 1/4 cup blanched and finely chopped spinach (palak)
- negligible cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and to taste
- 1/3 tsp. finely chopped green chillies
- negligible cup honey
For Honey Chilli Sauce
- 1/8 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp. dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1/3 tbsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. sugar(optional)
- Finely chop blanched spinach and Chillie with the help of BOSS Axe Chopper and mix all the ingredients for stuffing together.
- Cut each samosa Patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3″ x 2½”) rectangular pieces. You will get 24 pieces in all.
- Place a piece of the samosa Patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each Patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little flour paste to form a cylindrical shape.
- Seal the edge of the samosa Patti using a little of the flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining patties and filling to make more cigars.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan or kadhai with oil and deep-fry a few cigars at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with honey chilli sauce.
Tip: Squeeze out all the water from the blanched and chopped spinach to prevent the cigars from becoming soggy.