Monsoons are a big shout out to hot and spicy snacks! And what can be better than delicious pakoras? If you’ve never tried PalakPakora before then you need to do it right away! It’s the perfect weekend binge especially when you have guests over and it’s raining outside.
Crispy Palak Pakora
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- 20 to 25 Baby Spinach Leaves
- 150 gms Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tspAjwain
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala Powder for sprinkling
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Gram Flour, Turmeric Powder, Salt, Red Chili Powder. Stir to combine well. Add little water at a time to make a thick pakora batter.
- Preheat oil in a kadaifor deep frying. Once the oil has heated up, keep your flame on medium. Dip each spinach leaf in batter to coat it evenly.
- Drop the leaf gently in the oil and fry it on a medium heat till the pakoras are crisp.
- Once the PalakPakoras are golden brown and crisp, remove them from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Proceed the same way with the remaining spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle chat masala on PalakPakoras and serve them hot with Green Chutney or Tomato Ketchup
Note: If you don’t have baby spinach, you can use regular spinach, chop it fine and mix it into the batter to make the pakoras.