Cream of Broccoli Soup is a wonderful way to harness the health benefits of broccoli. The creamy soup gets its awesome from milk and cream. Secret mix of pepper and nutmeg gives the soup a unique flavour. Follow this recipe to make Cream of Broccoli Soup at home.
Cream Of Broccoli Soup
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Broccoli Stalks
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Maida
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/8 Tbsp Nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter to sauté broccoli stalks on a medium flame for about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli florets, mix well and cook on a medium flame for about 4 minutes.
- Cool it slightly and transfer the broccoli stalks and florets in Boss Nova Mixer Grinder and add ½ cup of water to blend it into a smooth puree.
- Heat butter in the pan, add maida and mix it till is no discolouration remains. Add milk to it.
- Combination of butter, plain four and milk helps the base to have creaminess.
- Add broccoli purée, nutmeg powder, salt, freshly ground black pepper and a cup of water, mix it well for about 3 to 4 minutes, lastly add fresh cream after switching off the flame.
- Serve it hot.