Corn cheese balls
Corn cheese balls are the perfect option for a quick and easy recipe, which is loved by all and especially by kids. The combination of cheese and corn with a crispy taste tempts everyone for having it. These are very addictive and no one would ever resist for having it again and again.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 3/4 cup boiled sweet corn kernels, crushed coarsely
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
- For the coating
- 1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
- bread crumbs
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and sauté for a minute.
- Add the milk and keep stirring till the mixture becomes very thick. Cool completely.
- Add the corn, green chillies, cheese, salt and mix it well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into even sized balls.
- Mix ¼ cup of flour with water to make a thin paste. Dip the corn balls into the paste.
- Roll into the breadcrumbs in such a way that they coat the corn balls completely.
- Chill for 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep-fry the balls in it till they are golden brown.