Coconut barfi is one such easy sweet recipe which can be prepared with minimal ingredients yet delivers an amazing result.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 min
Servings: 21 pieces
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 cup coconut grated
- 2 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream optional
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- Firstly, coarsely blend 3 cups of grated coconut in BOSS All Time Plus Mixer Grinder and add it into large kadai.
- Add 2 cup sugar and ½ cup milk.
- Mix well on medium flame until sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring till the mixture starts to thicken. (takes approx. 10 minutes)
- Now add 2 tbsp cream and continue to cook on medium flame stirring continuously.
- The mixture starts to thicken after 20 minutes and after 25 minutes, coconut mixture will start to separate from pan.
- Continue to cook until the mixture starts to hold the shape.
- Now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the prepared dough into a greased plate lined with baking paper.
- Set well forming a block.
- Allow to set for 10 minute, or till it sets completely yet warm.
- Now unmould and cut into pieces.
- Finally, serve coconut burfi / nariyal barfi or store in airtight container for a week in refrigerator.