A Rajasthani feast is never complete without Churma Ladoo being served. It is one special sweet that you have to serve your guest. Try out the recipe of Churma Ladoo in our style.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
BOSS A1 Food processor
Ingredients ( 200 ml = 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cups coarse whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- ¼ cups grated dry coconut
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Ghee for deep frying
- ¾ cup chopped jaggery
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Poppy seeds for rolling
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut and sesame seeds and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and ½ cup of water in the BOSS A1 Food Processor and knead into stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into the shape of your fist and press with your fingers in the center of each portion to make an indentation.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 4 dough portions at a time, on a medium flame for 20 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and allow them to cool.
- Repeat step 4 to deep-fry 4 more dough portions.
- Once cooled, break them into small pieces and mix it on BOSS A1 Food Processor to a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the jaggery and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep the churma aside.
- Combine the churma, coconut-sesame seeds mixture, melted jaggery and milk in a deep bowl and mix very well. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball and roll in the poppy seeds till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.