Don’t like toast made from day old bread? This is a great way to make something different from the old bread instead off the same sandwiches and toast. It’s a great quick breakfast recipe for a windy monsoon morning. You can even prepare and serve it to your kids in their lunch box!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Bread – 5 slices (brown or white bread)
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilli – 2 slit
- Ginger -1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee or oil – 2 tsp for frying bread
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut bread into squares or tear it into small pieces. Heat 2 tsp of ghee and roast the bread until golden brown. Switch off and let the bread be in the heat of the pan.(Removing the outer brown crust is optional)
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and sautéfor 1 minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt needed and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Then add bread pieces and toss until bread is well coated with the masala.
- Serve hot.