Little bread baskets filled with all colorful veggies with the layer of cheese on the top. These tartlets are perfect for dinner. You can also make it for evening snack. Kida will love this recipe due to the alluring aroma of herbs and cheese.
Preperation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30mins
Serves: 9 Tartlets
- 2 Cups Sauted Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Capsicum
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Yellow Capsicum
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Green Capsicum
- 1 Cup Blanched , Peeled And Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dry Mixed Herbs
- 2 Tsp Dry Red Chilli Flakes
- Salt To Taste
For The Bread Tartlets
- 9 Fresh Bread Slices
- Melted Butter for Greasing & Brushing
- 4 1/2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 9 Tsp Grated Processed Cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add all the 3 capsicums and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes, sweet corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
For the Tartlets
- Remove the sides from all the bread slices.
- Roll each slice with a rolling pin evenly
- Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray which is lightly greased with butter.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into equal portions and fill a portion into each bread tartlet.
- Spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp cheese evenly over each tartlet and bake again for 45 secs to let the cheese melt.
- Serve hot!