Pesto is a basil-based sauce which originated in Genoa, Italy. Works wonders with pasta, mayonnaise, as a sandwich spread, dips and for garnishing soups.
Basil Parsley Pesto Recipe
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 mins
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 4 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Take basil, parsley and toasted almonds in Boss Leo Mixer Grinder and grind for few seconds. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and salt into it.
- Adding the required amount of olive oil and continue grinding process in Boss Leo Mix Grinder.
- Add cheese and continue the process.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can be stored for up to one week.