Kachori’s are a delectable dish. But having deep fried Kachoris is not an healthy option. Hence, we have brought to you the option of Baked Kachori’s. Don’t stop yourself from cravings of Kachori’s anymore. Prepare oil free and healthy Kachori’s to savour.
Soaking time: 8 hours
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 25 mins
Total time: 8 hours 30 mins
For The Dough
3/4 cup plain flour (maida)
2 tsp melted ghee
salt to taste
For The Stuffing
1/2 cup split yellow gram , soaked overnight
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tsp fennel powder
2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1/4 tsp oil for greasing
For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add enough water and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 small equal portions and roll out each into a 63mm (2”) diameter thin circle. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
For the stuffing
- Drain the moong dal, add 2 to 3 tbsp of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, carom seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- When the seeds crackle, add the moong dal, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste, fennel powder, sugar and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and cool slightly.
- Divide the stuffing 10 to 12 equal portions and shape into round balls. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a puri on a flat dry surface and put a portion of the stuffing in the centre and seal the edges on top.
- Give a round shape to each kachori by rolling between the palms.
- Repeat with the remaining puris and stuffing to make more kachoris.
- Arrange on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.