Kaju Pista Roll is a traditional Indian sweet and is loved by every Indian. By looking at this delicacy it seems very difficult to make. Try this recipe, with simple steps and voila, you’ll have a rich and tasty sweet for any festive occasion.
Kaju Pista Roll
For Kaju Roll
- 1 Cup – Cashew nuts
- ½ Cup – Sugar
- ¼ Cup – Water
- ¼ tsp – Ghee (if required)
- 2 – Silver Varaq
- For Pista Roll
- ½ Cup – Pista
- 1 tbsp – Powdered Sugar
- A Pinch – Green Food Color (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp – water
- Make sure Cashewnuts and Pista are in room temperature.
- Grind cashews in dry jar of BOSS Cyclone into powder, keep it slightly coarse.
- In a wok take water, sugar and boil it. Prepare 1 string consistency sugar syrup.
- Add cashew powder and mix well to avoid any lumps in slow flame, keep stirring for 3-4 minutes till the mixture starts to leave side of pans and forms into dough.
- Off the flame. Once the mixture comes to slight warm stage knead it well to make smooth dough. You can add ¼ tsp or ½ tsp of ghee to help with kneading.
For Pista Roll
- Grind Pista into powder. In a bowl add powdered Pista, Sugar powder, food color (optional) and mix well. To form dough, sprinkle few drops of water to help binding.
- Divide the Pista mixture into 4 portions and roll one portion into cyliner shape. Keep the dough covered all times.
- Divide cashew dough into 4 portions too. Take one portion and roll between plastic sheets or butter paper into rectangle.
- Now place the Pista roll in middle carefully and using the plastic sheet roll up cashew dough so that the Pista dough gets stuffed in. Roll cashew roll gently to get smooth texture. Cut both the edges and cut roll into 2 inch long cylinder. Gently spread the silver varaq.
- Repeat same for rest of the dough.
- You can keep the rolls in fridge for 30mins to 1 hour to firm them up.
- Stays good for a week to 10 days if refrigerated.